Saruwatari Ayumi (junglemonkee) wrote,
Saruwatari Ayumi
junglemonkee

Editing F3wl

I spent several hours Friday and yesterday plotting out my story. I went through every scene and summarized it. There were 50 scenes, and while plotting them out, it became glaringly obvious where I needed to flesh the story out more, and where I had put scene breaks where there didn't need to be any. Potential buddies - pay attention - I'm working!

In my last novel, there were entire chapters that I took out. I ended up going from 123k words to about 50k, and then back up to 80k. In this one, there aren't any parts that I want to take out (although there are some parts that need a lot of rework)but there's a lot I seem to have left out.

I don't know if it's possible for me to make 50 hours in the month of March. I don't really have an hour and forty minutes a day to spend on this for the next month, and that's really what it takes. The good news is that my MS has at least that much work to be done on it.
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 2 comments