Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Super Friends Power, ACTIVATE!

Okay, group. I need your help!

What do you call those puzzles that sort of look like a crossword, except that there are no numbers in the grid. You have a list of words divided up by length (3 letters, 4 letters, etc.) and you have to fiure out where they all fit into the grid.

I love those puzzles, but can't for the life of me think what they're called.


Jul. 28th, 2006 03:55 am (UTC)
Nope, those are the ones where you have a big grid across the top and each square has both a number AND a letter in it. You use the clues to fill in the blanks, and then reconstruct the words you've filled in into another thing.

That was my first thought, too.
Jul. 28th, 2006 10:53 am (UTC)
I thought those were double acrostics?
Jul. 28th, 2006 03:55 pm (UTC)
They are. An acrostic is a poem in which the first letter of each line spells out a word.