1. who did you last get angry with?
I normally only allow myself to show anger to those closest to me, so sometimes it's hard for them and for me to realize with whom I'm actually angry. Last night's target was pirateguillermo, who really didn't deserve it at all.
2. what is your weapon of choice?
Moral highground, maximum latitude. Letting others hoist themselves on their own petards and then pointing out their untenable positions to them.
3. would you hit a member of the opposite sex?
If that were my only choice, absolutely. I have the urge toward violence quite often. When I get hurt or angry, more than wanting to yell or argue, I want to hit someone. But I never do.
4. how about of the same sex?
Again, only if it were my only choice.
5. who was the last person that got really angry at you?
Probably my daughter, who's going through that preteen thing where she's often just angry at the world.
6. what is your pet peeve?
Intolerance of any kind. Anyone who says "I can't stand people who..." without realizing that someone is saying the same thing about them.
7. do you keep grudges, or can you let them go easily?
It depends on how close the person is to me. The closer you get, the harder it is for me to forgive certain things. There are some people who are amazed that I have totally forgotten shitty things they did to me. There are others that I still think about every day, and it's like touching the place where you just lost a tooth.
1. what is one thing you're supposed to do daily that you haven't done in a long time?
I don't work out nearly as much as I should.
2. what is the latest you've ever woken up?
I slept for 72 hours straight once after breaking up with a boyfriend.
3. name a person you've been meaning to contact, but haven't.
My dear friend Shelly who came back three weeks ago from an Arctic expedition (she's an arctic biologist).
4. what is the last lame excuse you've made?
I realized yesterday that the reason I didn't go into work was lame. I've inflictd much worse pain on myself and functioned just fine.
5. have you ever watched an infomercial all the way through?
6. when was the last time you got a good workout in?
7. how many times did you hit the snooze button on your alarm clock today?
1. what is your overpriced yuppie beverage of choice?
2. white meat or dark meat?
Is fish white or dark?
3. what is the greatest amount of alcohol you've had in one sitting/outing/event?
Probably the first time I let pirateguillermo mix the gin & tonic.
4. have you ever used a professional diet company?
Any and all. And they all work. And then they stop.
5. do you have an issue with your weight?
Only when I'm not working out. Otherwise, not really.
6. do you prefer sweets, salty foods, or spicy foods?
7. have you ever taken food "to go" from a buffet?
1. how many people have you seen naked (not counting movies/family)?
Intentionally? I can't even count. Too many.
2. how many people have seen YOU naked (not counting physicians/family)?
One at a time, or en masse? Who the hell knows? A whole bunch.
3. have you ever caught yourself staring at the chest/crotch of a member of your gender of choice during a normal conversation?
No, not unless they're wearing something amusing, in which case I'm staring at their garments.
4. have you wanted someone who was taken?
Only in a very abstract, vague sort of way. I've never flirted seriously with someone who was taken. At least, not that I knew about at the time.
5. what is your favorite body part on a person of your gender of choice?
6. have you ever been propositioned by a prostitute?
7. have you ever had a one night stand?
1. how many credit cards do you own?
One and a half.
2. what's your guilty pleasure?
Sleeping late whenever possible.
3. if you had $1 million, what would you do with it?
Buy that ranch in Mexico (0kay, I'd still have to come up with more, but that's a helluva downpayment), move, and finish my novel.
4. would you rather be rich or famous?
Rich. Fame isn't going to take care of my children after I'm gone.
5. would you accept a boring job if it meant you would make megabucks?
How boring? Boring and degrading, or just boring? If the hours were okay, sure.
6. have you ever stolen anything?
Not since I was a shoplifting crap of a preteen.
7. how many mp3's are on your hard drive?
Thousands, all legally copied from cds I own.
1. What lifetime achievement/s are you most proud of?
Raising two children whose company I enjoy, for the most part. Acheiving my childhood ambition of becoming a writer.
2. what one thing have you done that your parents are most proud of?
I'm not aware that my parents are proud of anything I've done.
3. what thing would you like to accomplish in your life?
Be able to make a living as a novelist.
4. do you get annoyed by coming in second place?
I get annoyed at having to compete.
5. have you ever entered a contest of skill, knowing you were of much higher skill than all the other competitors?
I avoid competitions of "skill" whenever possible.
6. have you ever cheated on something to get a higher score?
7. what did you do today that you're proud of?
1. what item of your friend's would you most want to have for your own?
A lot of my friends own houses. I'd like to buy a house again, but it's not a huge priority this second.
2. if you could be anyone else in the world, who would you be?
Me in 10 more years. But I can wait.
3. have you ever been cheated on?
In the most literal sense of the word, no. But it has happened that people close to my have lied to me to spend time with other people, which comes emotionally close.
4. have you ever cheated on someone?>
In the sense that I have always moved on after a relationship was over much faster than the other person (normally once I've made up my mind, but often before I've communicated that clearly to the other person) yes. I absolutely have. But I've never fooled myself that I'm capable of maintaining more than one long-term relationship at a time. I'm basically a serial monogamist.
5. have you ever wished you had a physical feature different from your own?
A better nose. That's about it.
6. what trait do you see in others that you wish you had for yourself?
Wisdom. I have known people with wisdom that I have longed for, and realized that it only comes with time and patience.
7. what is your favorite deadly sin?
I don't think I have a favorite. They all occur in my life daily, but since I'm Buddhist, I don't ever consider them "sins."